Independent Living Centre Kingston's
Independent Living Centre Kingston (ILCK) respects and is committed to protecting your privacy and allowing you to make informed choices regarding your privacy.
What Information do we collect through this Web Site?
In general, you can visit ILCK's wesite without revealing any information about yourself. When you visit this website, the ILCK web server automatically collects a limited amount of non-identifying information about your online visit for statistical purposes regarding how our visitors interact with us online. These statistics contain no personal information (we describe what is meant by "personal information" below) and are used only by ILCK staff. The information collected from your visit is as follows:
• the Internet domain and Internet Protocol (IP) address from which you access this website;
• the type of browser and operating system used to access ILCK's Web Site;
• the date and time you access ILCK's Web Site;
• the pages you visit on ILCK's Web Site;
• and the address of another Web site link, if any, that brought you to ILCK's Web Site.
ILCK collects and uses this information in an aggregate manner to help make this website more useful and to help us better understand how people are using this website.
"Personal information" is information about an identifiable individual; for example, your name, address, telephone number and other similar information. Any personal information collected, used or disclosed by ILCK through this website, is subject to and managed by ILCK in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (Ontario). We only collect personal information: • that is necessary for the operation of this website;
• or with your knowledge and consent, if it is necessary for the provision of goods and services that you request, if this is the case,
• you will be informed that your personal information is being collected and the purpose(s) for which it is being collected;
• any personal information collected will only be used and disclosed subject to your consent for the purpose(s) for which it was originally collected for consistent purpose(s) or as required or permitted by law;
• you have a right to request access to and/or request correction of your personal information that is in ILCK's custody or control.
Your internet domain name or IP address, which we collect, may identify you. This depends on the naming standards followed by your Internet service provider. However, we do not use or disclose this information other than for, and in aggregate form, for statistical purposes and form. Still, you may wish to ask your internet service provider about their policies and practices regarding naming standards.
Volunteering is a great way to learn new skills, meet new people, and it helps build a stronger community. At Independent Living Centre Kingston, our volunteers are a valuable part of our team and contribute to the success of the delivery of services for persons with disabilities in our community. For more information on how to get involved.
Have you used the resources and services of ILCK? Do you want to support people with disabilities in the Kingston area? Help us and make your voice heard by becoming a member of Independent Living Centre Kingston. For more information on how to get involved.
Address: 540 Montreal St., Kingston, ON K7K 3J2
For staff emails and map click: Contact Us
Join The ConversationIndependent Living Centre Kingston's