The Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA) is the federal privacy law for private-sector organizations. It sets out the ground rules for how organizations must handle personal information in the course of commercial activities. To learn more go to: Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada. Independent Living Centre Kingston (ILCK) respects and is committed to protecting your privacy and allowing you to make informed choices regarding your privacy. Effective date: September 12, 2018
What Information do we collect through this Website?
In general, you can visit ILCK’s wesite without revealing any information about yourself. When you visit this website, the ILCK web server automatically collects a limited amount of non-identifying information about your online visit for statistical purposes regarding how our visitors interact with us online. These statistics contain no personal information (we describe what is meant by “personal information” below) and are used only by ILCK staff. The information collected from your visit is as follows:
- the Internet domain and Internet Protocol (IP) address from which you access this website;
- the type of browser and operating system used to access ILCK’s Website;
- the date and time you access ILCK’s Website;
- the pages you visit on ILCK’s Website;
- and the address of another Web site link, if any, that brought you to ILCK’s Website.
ILCK collects and uses this information in an aggregate manner to help make this website more useful and to help us better understand how people are using this website. “Personal information” is information about an identifiable individual; for example, your name, address, telephone number and other similar information. Any personal information collected, used or disclosed by ILCK through this website, is subject to and managed by ILCK in accordance with the Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act (Ontario). We only collect personal information:
- that is necessary for the operation of this website;
- or with your knowledge and consent, if it is necessary for the provision of goods and services that you request, if this is the case,
- you will be informed that your personal information is being collected and the purpose(s) for which it is being collected;
- any personal information collected will only be used and disclosed subject to your consent for the purpose(s) for which it was originally collected for consistent purpose(s) or as required or permitted by law;
- you have a right to request access to and/or request correction of your personal information that is in ILCK’s custody or control.
Information Collection And Use
We collect several different types of information for various purposes to provide and improve our Service to you.
Types of Data Collected
While using our Service, we may ask you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you (“Personal Data”). Personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Email address
- First name and last name
- Phone number
- Address, State, Province, ZIP/Postal code, City
- Cookies and Usage Data
We may also collect information how the Service is accessed and used (“Usage Data”). This Usage Data may include information such as your computer’s Internet Protocol address (e.g. IP address), browser type, browser version, the pages of our Service that you visit, the time and date of your visit, the time spent on those pages, unique device identifiers and other diagnostic data.
Tracking & Cookies Data
- Session Cookies. We use Session Cookies to operate our Service.
- Preference Cookies. We use Preference Cookies to remember your preferences and various settings.
- Security Cookies. We use Security Cookies for security purposes.
Use of Data
Independent Living Centre Kingston uses the collected data for various purposes:
- To provide and maintain the Service
- To notify you about changes to our Service
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our Service when you choose to do so
- To provide customer care and support
- To provide analysis or valuable information so that we can improve the Service
- To monitor the usage of the Service
- To detect, prevent and address technical issues
Transfer Of Data
Disclosure Of Data
Independent Living Centre Kingston may disclose your Personal Data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- To comply with a legal obligation
- To protect and defend the rights or property of Independent Living Centre Kingston
- To prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Service
- To protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- To protect against legal liability
Security Of Data
The security of your data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
We may employ third party companies and individuals to facilitate our Service (“Service Providers”), to provide the Service on our behalf, to perform Service-related services or to assist us in analyzing how our Service is used. These third parties have access to your Personal Data only to perform these tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
Links To Other Sites
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”). We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your Children has provided us with Personal Data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected Personal Data from children without verification of parental consent, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org